The Liebster Award is Gladly and Humbly Accepted
Well, I was planning on doing a different post today but I got a notification that I got nominated for “The Liebster Award.” So it’s kind of obvious what I’m going to post about first. Anyway, I got accepted by Polomi’s Blog. https://wordpress.com/read/blog/id/13907160/ I am a huge fan of her writing and she always has insightful and interesting things to say. I really got absorbed into her blog and her blog has been ever-constantly rising to the top of my favorite blogs to read.
According to the person who nominated her blog, “It’s an award that is designed to encourage new bloggers (less than 200 followers) on their journey to blogging greatness.” So that’s pretty cool… I was getting a little bit worried that I may not get this award since all of you guys were following me so quickly and I was getting sort of close to 200 followers. *talking to myself* Stay humble Steve! 😛
Here are my answers to her questions! *gulp* I can do this!
- What is your favorite color?
It is definitely red. I would say purple or blue but you will always find me wearing some kind of red attire. According to Psychology, “The color red is the color of energy, passion and action” and not just a sensual kind of color but it also gives confidence to people says psychologists. So in a sense, people are bound to like you if you wear red.
2. What is the funniest secret you ever hid?
Umm… funniest secret that I’ve ever hid? Hmm… this is really tough. I know what I’m going to say but I was going to use this for a different post but I guess only my best friends know this about me. When I was really young, I had an awkward but funny experience in which I kissed a girl my same age. So a lot of people say that I follow the saying, “16 and never been kissed” and people tease me about that but I don’t say anything about it. That story will come a little later!
3. Who is the person you love the most in your life?
It’s a good thing that none of my family are looking at my blog or that may set off some tragic events of hurt. However, I will not pick any of my family members because that would truly be hard but my best guy friend is so amazing! He is what I consider a true friend would be! I know, having a guy that I love the most might seem a little weird but this friendship that we have is the best thing that could ever happen for both of us. We are committed to this friendship, we encourage and protect each other, and laugh together. Love doesn’t have to be something sexual at all!
4. Which book would you love to read again?
I haven’t read the whole Harry Potter series for the longest time! As a young kid, I was never into books – in fact I hated to read because they were all so boring. Harry Potter was the first series that I really enjoyed and I couldn’t put it down! During the school year mind you, I read the first book in two days, 2nd book in 3 days, 3rd book in 3 days, 4th book in 5 days, 5th book in 6 days, 6th book in 1 day (my favorite book of the series) and the last book in 2 days.
5. Which movie got you to think about the purpose of your life?
Honestly, there are so many movies that give me a purpose of my life but one of my favorite “drama” kinds of movies is “Flight” with Denzel Washington. In this movie, the main character has a major issue with alcoholism and because of him many people are hurt since he’s a pilot. One of the major reasons why I’m interested in psychology is to help others. I desperately want people to succeed in life and addictions like this only hurt people. I am always known for helping and encouraging giving them rational suggestions to help them through problems. I never had that support when I went through my problems. So it was quite interesting to see the progression of how he dealt with these problems.
6. What is the most important thing that you wish to do before you die?
Even though I’m afraid of extreme heights, I have this extreme desire to jump off the tallest building and being able to glide down. I think that would be fun to have that much adrenaline rushing in me! Maybe I’ll do this right before I know I’ll die so if something goes wrong, then you know…who cares! I’m going to die anyway…might as well die with a bang!
7. Which song is the one that you cannot go without listening since last week?
Judge me all you want for this selection but I absolutely love Eminem’s song, “Till I Collapse.” It’s a song about persevering and staying strong through your struggles. So yeah, this song means a lot and I not only love the lyrics but the tune.
8. If you had the chance to marry just about anyone, who would that person be?
This just made me smile and laugh but the answer is obviously Katy Perry. Wasn’t she just hot in the Super Bowl halftime…I should probably say that I’m being extremely sarcastic. She is on my “hate list.” On a more serious note, my second closest friend who’s a girl. She and I are just friends but she’s the coolest person I’ve never known…she’s an INTJ kind of gal! Yeah, maybe we aren’t officially dating in a romantic relationship kind of way but we’ve chosen to be awesome friends. She’s one of the few people out there that can make me smile whenever I see her and yes, she covers everything on this list. https://whatiliketodobysteve.wordpress.com/2015/01/01/my-high-standards-for-girls-back-in-1st-grade/
9. Which inspirational quote has touched your soul the most?
This quote by C.S. Lewis is one of the inspirational quotes and means a lot to me because I’m trying to be this kind of person. He says, “Hardships often people ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny.” Yeah, maybe I’ve had a bunch of hurtful things that has happened to me and I didn’t feel like I had much support, but I got through that and now I want to help other people.
10. Name one celebrity who inspires you the most?
There’s not a lot of celebrities that inspire me but one guy that jumps out to me is Russel Wilson. He’s the Seattle Seahawk quarterback. He’s one of the humblest guys out there and even when he lost the Super Bowl, he said this, “Thank You God for the opportunity. We’ll be back… I will never waiver on who He has called me to be…” He’s humble and honest! Gotta love that guy for who he is and what he’s all about! He’s so different than a lot of other celebrities who are proud and don’t really care about others.
11. Name a social networking site that you cannot live without?
I would say I couldn’t live without this social networking site but it is my favorite…Twitter. Hate that I can’t write essays on it but I do like to follow a lot of various people on it. I’ve gotten many favorites and retweets! 🙂
And here are the people whom I would love to nominate:
The Arcane Seeker at https://thearcaneseeker.wordpress.com
Greta Anne at whatever is lovely and lively
Old England to New England at https://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/
Vienna Olive at http://olivevienna.com/
SheIsAParadox at https://missaneesamarie.wordpress.com/
Sara Smiles at http://sarasmiles365.com/
Here are my questions for you to answer if you are to accept this award.
1. What’s the last song that you listened to?
2. Are you an extrovert or introvert?
3. What’s the best thing about where you live? Note: you do not need to say exactly where you live if you aren’t comfortable with that.
4. What’s your favorite color?
5. What’s the scariest thing you’ve ever done?
6. What’s the most fun thing you’ve ever done?
7. What is one instance in your life that at the moment, you thought was hurting you but you now think of it as a growing experience?
8. Watching sports or playing sports?
9. Greatest book you’ve ever read?
10. Greatest attribute that you possess?
11. What is one question that you wished that I asked you but didn’t? You will then go on to answer that question. I know…I’m being slightly lazy since I’ve had to write sooooo much so far!!!
- Thank and link back to the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions created by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers, who have less than 200 followers and link them.
- Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer.
- Notify all nominees of their nomination for the award.